DairyTas provides small project grants to assist regional groups, industry and advisors with local projects for the dairy industry. Application forms and guidelines for the grants are provided below.
Some recent projects supported by DairyTas include:
- Minor Use Permits for Tasmanian Dairy
- People for Dairy in Circular Head
- Women in Agriculture history book
- Hagley Farm School, Dairy Interpretation Centre
- Tasmanian Dairy Gourmet Guide
- TIA Dairy Centre, Calf Feeding Trial
Small Project Grants Program Applications
DairyTas Board Inc invites applications for the funding of projects that encourage dairy industry groups to plan, carry out and promote their own on-farm demonstration or extension project to improve the performance and profitability of dairy farms in their locality.
Projects undertaken by groups are eligible for grants of up to $10,000.
Applications for projects must address priorities identified in the Dairy Industry Strategic Plan and have direct value to group members and their locality.
Priority areas include:
- assisting dairy farmers to manage change
- improving whole farm productivity and profitability
- sustaining the natural resource base
- animal and feedbase performance
- improving business and management skills
- training and education
There is a guide to assist you in completing the application form. Download the guide for applicants.