Future Ready Dairy Systems
Future Ready Dairy Systems is a major Dairy Australia project focused on helping dairy farmers with climate change issues. There is a wealth of resources on the Future Ready Dairy Systems website.
Below are some examples of Tasmanian resources available on FRDS website:
Farming systems outlooks from Dr Richard Rawnsley (TIA)
- Modelling Tasmanian pasture based dairy systems using future climate scenarios
- How good and bad can the seasons be?
Farmer case studies
- Profitable Dairy Farming – Brian and Michele Lawrence
- Grant and Melanie Rogers. Our experiences with 3 in 2 milking
- Consistently Profitable – Leigh and Kellie Schuuring
- Targeting low cost production with the changing seasons – Frampton Family
- Bureau of Meteorology – Climate Information
- Department of Primary Industries Victoria – Understanding Weather and Climate
- Climate Futures for Tasmania project has produced regional climate change predictions for Tasmania.
- Climate Futures - view regional maps for temperature and rainfall
- Calculating the carbon footprint of dairying using dGAS
Climate change is going to make us think outside the square. See how these boys have done that with a music video about farming... I’m Farming and I Grow It.