1. General policy
This policy sets out how DairyTas Board Inc. collects personal information. It also describes how DairyTas Board Inc. maintains, uses and discloses personal information. DairyTas Board Inc. respects the privacy of individuals. Generally, DairyTas Board Inc. does not release personal information.
However in response to a legal requirement, in an emergency or in exceptional circumstances the Chair may at his or her discretion authorise the release of personal information. In all other circumstances this policy governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
2. Collection of personal information
Where DairyTas Board Inc. collects personal information it is collected for DairyTas Board Inc.'s business purposes. Where DairyTas Board Inc. documents request personal information, DairyTas Board Inc. will state the general purposes for its use and to whom it may be disclosed.
3. Use of personal information
DairyTas Board Inc. may from time to time send marketing material that DairyTas Board Inc. considers will be useful. It may also send material about DairyTas Board Inc. If DairyTas Board Inc. is notified that a person does not wish to receive such information, it will not send it to that person. This does not apply to information that we are legally required to send.
4. Disclosure of personal information
Generally, DairyTas Board Inc. must obtain consent before it discloses any personal information. Consent may be given expressly or it may be implied by conduct.
Depending on the product or service, personal information may be disclosed to:
- external service providers (on a confidential basis and such service providers will be limited in their use of the information to the purpose of DairyTas Board Inc.'s business only). In particular, DairyTas Board Inc.'s database of members is maintained on a server operated by a third party, under contractual obligations of confidence;
- specialist advisers to DairyTas Board Inc. who have been engaged to provide DairyTas Board Inc. with legal, administrative, financial, insurance, research, marketing or other services; and
- any other person authorised, implicitly or expressly, when the personal information is provided to or collected by DairyTas Board Inc..
DairyTas Board Inc. may at other times publish its disclosure practices in relation to specific products or services that it provides in relation to its activities.
5. Security of personal information
DairyTas Board Inc. takes all reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss, unauthorised access, modification, disclosure or other misuse.
6. Sensitive personal information
DairyTas Board Inc. does not generally collect any sensitive information as that term is used in the privacy legislation (including information relating to racial or ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion or trade unions, sexual preferences or activities, criminal record, state of health or medical history). If DairyTas Board Inc. holds any sensitive personal information that information will only be used and disclosed by DairyTas Board Inc. for the purpose for which it was provided.
If DairyTas Board Inc. asks for sensitive information DairyTas Board Inc. will explain this.
7. Access to personal information
At any time a person may request access to personal information that DairyTas Board Inc. holds about them. DairyTas Board Inc. will process such requests within a reasonable time and may charge a fee to cover the costs of verifying the application and retrieving the information requested.
8. Correction of personal information
DairyTas Board Inc. should be promptly notified if there are any changes to an individual's personal information. A person may ask DairyTas Board Inc. at any time to correct personal information held by it about them.
9. Changes to this policy
DairyTas Board Inc. may amend this policy from time to time, and the policy will be published on DairyTas Board Inc.'s website.