Future Ready Dairy Systems and Dairy Climate Toolkit
Future Ready Dairy Systems is a major Dairy Australia project focused on helping dairy farmers with climate change issues. There is a wealth of resources on the Future Ready Dairy Systems and the Climate Toolkit websites.
Below are some examples of Tasmanian resources available on FRDS website:
Farming systems outlooks from Dr Richard Rawnsley (TIA)
- Modelling Tasmanian pasture based dairy systems using future climate scenarios
- How good and bad can the seasons be?
- Bureau of Meteorology – Climate Information
- Department of Primary Industries Victoria – Understanding Weather and Climate
- Climate Futures for Tasmania project has produced regional climate change predictions for Tasmania.
- Climate Futures - view regional maps for temperature and rainfall
- Calculating the carbon footprint of dairying using dGAS